/* Typekit added to fix issue with nbsp character in the Steagal font */skip navigation
The sale of our home ice rink is officially complete. Now known as "The MAC" -- The McDermott Athletic Center. We are very excited about new opportunities and improvements to come. The first being no more $1 to watch games!!
Be assured we will have a full season of hockey this season and we look forward to many great seasons to come!A fantastic new opportunity for players 13 and under being offered by the McDermott Sports staff is drop-in skating beginning on Saturdays from 11-12. Skating coaches will be at The MAC for an hour of skating skills at a $10 drop-in fee. This is open to any players 13 or under. Full gear is best, but at a minimum players should have helmet, skates and gloves. If you have questions, you can email email@example.com This new skating program will take a two week break October 22 and 29, the resume again.
Our kids can't play hockey without our volunteers!!
To help ensure the safety of all of our players, training and background screening is required by USA Hockey's SafeSport Program for all adults (18 and older) who volunteer with our associations and LOE affiliates.
Per the USA Hockey SafeSport Program Handbook any volunteer with routine contact or responsibility for our youth athletes are REQUIRED to be screened, including:
1. Members of the Affiliate Board of Directors
2. Local program administrators [association board members and volunteers]
4. Team Managers
6. Locker room monitors
7. Team drivers
8. Travel chaperones
9. Anyone with routine access to youth participants.
This is mandatory, but the process is quite simple:
Become a USA Hockey volunteer member for free:
Take the Safe Sport training: http://www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining
And complete the screening.
If you have any questions about SafeSport or the screenings, Please contact the LOEAHA Safe Sport Coordinator Terrence Firman firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Display good sportsmanship. Always respect players, coaches, and officials.
2. Act appropriately; do not taunt or disturb other fans; enjoy the game together.
3. Cheer good plays of all participants; avoid booing opponents.
4. Cheer in a positive manner and encourage fair play; profanity and objectionable cheers or gestures are offensive.
5. Help provide a safe and fun environment; throwing any items on the ice surface can cause injury to players and officials.
6. Do not lean over or pound on the glass; the glass surrounding the ice surface is part of the playing area.
7. Support the referees and coaches by trusting their judgment and integrity.
8. Be responsible for your own safety - be alert to prevent accidents from flying pucks and other avoidable situations.
9. Respect locker rooms as private areas for players, coaches and officials.
10. Be supportive after the game - win or lose. Recognize good effort, teamwork and sportsmanship.
NMAHA bingo has moved to the White Rose Bingo Hall on Candelaria & 12th Street.
PLEASE help us promote our bingo fundraiser by encouraging family, friends, neighbors, and anyone else you know to come play bingo with NMAHA every Monday night at 7:00 or every Saturday afternoon at 1:00.
For anyone who has never played bingo before, “rookie” packs are available. NMAHA bingo pays out over $3,000 in prizes per session. Please come out and support our organization and have fun while doing it!
NMAHA Bingo raises thousands of dollars each year through this program. This is why we are able to keep costs low for all our players and families.
If you are interested in working at bingo or have any questions about bingo, please contact Dorothy Elza.
Thanks for your support!
Please register by September 24 so we can create rosters and prepare for the season.
At least one parent or guardian of every player must attend one of two mandatory parent meetings schedule when the season begins.
Saturday, September 17, 2016 – 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM
Meetings will be held at the Loma Colorado Library in the main auditorium.
We will discuss the USA Hockey Zero Tolerance policies and other important information. We look forward to seeing you there!
Follow the link above to register for the 2016-2017 season. Information is available by following the links in the "Registration Info" tab above and to the right.
One exciting thing to note is NEW JERSEYS!! The final design is coming, but the cost will only be $25 to help with the transition.
We look forward to seeing your player or players on the ice!!