Hockey Players Needed!!!!!
Players and Families we need your help! NMAHA is going to participate in a float for all Rio Rancho Winter Parade The float will represent Rio Rancho Hockey.
We need volunteers to help decorate the float on Saturday December 13th at 10:30am at Blades. Please bring any extra Christmas lights, LED preferred but not required and any other decorations that you may have to help pull this “Frozen Fantasy” (theme) float together.
We also need players to ride on the float or pass out flyers & candy (no throwing) during the parade. We need to be at the parade route, west of the Santa Ana Star Center, SASC by 415pm, with the parade to start at 5:15pm-7:15pm on December 13th. The parade travels east down the frontage road, then south past City Hall, around HP and ending back at SASC. Parents/participants are able to park/pick-up in the same location. We will have a truck and trailer #43 with a NMAHA Scorpion sign.
Players please wear your NMAHA or High School Jersey, winter hats and gloves (Think Winter Classic Hockey) Come on out and promote the sport you love to play!
Contact Brad Gregory, NMAHA President at 505-321-0972 if you have any questions.
Thanks for your support and hope to see you there!
Online registration is still open! Register for the 2014-2015 season here. Come play the COOLEST game on earth with the NMAHA Scorpions!
Here is the information for the background screening required by USA Hockey's Safe Sport Program for all adults (18 and older) who volunteer with our associations and LOE affiliates.
Per the USA Hockey Safe Sport Program Handbook There are the people who are REQUIRED to be screened include:
1. Members of the Affiliate Board of Directors
2. Local program administrators [association board members and volunteers]
4. Team Managers
6. Locker room monitors
7. Team drivers
8. Travel chaperones
9. Anyone with routine access to youth participants.
This is mandatory.
The Affiliate and/or local program may require that additional persons be screened.
Here is the link where you can complete the screening.
If you have any questions about Safe Sport or the screenings, Please contact the LOEAHA Risk Manager Sonya Ortiz email@example.com ot LOEAHA Safe Sport Coordinator Terrence Firman firstname.lastname@example.org .
NMAHA bingo has moved to the White Rose Bingo Hall on Candelaria & 12th Street.
PLEASE help us promote our bingo fundraiser by encouraging family, friends, neighbors, and anyone else you know to come play bingo with NMAHA every Monday night at 7:00 or every Saturday afternoon at 1:00.
For anyone who has never played bingo before, “rookie” packs are available. NMAHA bingo pays out over $3,000 in prizes per session. Please come out and support our organization and have fun while doing it!
NMAHA Bingo raises thousands of dollars each year through this program. This is why we are able to keep costs low for all our players and families.
If you are interested in working at bingo or have any questions about bingo, please contact Dorothy Elza.
Thanks for your support!
No upcoming events found.
USA HOCKEY SPECTATOR CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Display good sportsmanship. Always respect players, coaches, and officials.
2. Act appropriately; do not taunt or disturb other fans; enjoy the game together.
3. Cheer good plays of all participants; avoid booing opponents.
4. Cheer in a positive manner and encourage fair play; profanity and objectionable cheers or gestures are offensive.
5. Help provide a safe and fun environment; throwing any items on the ice surface can cause injury to players and officials.
6. Do not lean over or pound on the glass; the glass surrounding the ice surface is part of the playing area.
7. Support the referees and coaches by trusting their judgment and integrity.
8. Be responsible for your own safety - be alert to prevent accidents from flying pucks and other avoidable situations.
9. Respect locker rooms as private areas for players, coaches and officials.
10. Be supportive after the game - win or lose. Recognize good effort, teamwork and sportsmanship.
Do you have a guestion or a comment for our President?
The NMAHA president would like to know what is on the minds of our hockey family. Please email NMAHA President with questions or coments.
Questions and comments will be posted to the Ask the President page.