/* Typekit added to fix issue with nbsp character in the Steagal font */skip navigation
Thank you all for a great season of hockey with NMAHA! Hockey doesn't happen without great players, parents, coaches and volunteers.
Preparations for next season are already underway, and the first big step is electing our board members who will help make sure next season builds on this one. Board terms are only two years, and a few longtime members are "retiring" so now is a great time to volunteer: Each of us was a first-time volunteer at some point, and there are many ways to help.
If you are even just a little curious about the NMAHA board, please come to our next meeting to find out more: this Tuesday, April 9, 6:30 p.m. at The MAC in the party room.
Be sure to mark your calendar for the NMAHA Annual Meeting free skate and board elections April 21, 1:30-2:30 p.m. Elections will be held during the session in the concession area.
Thank you so much again for being a part of NMAHA!
ProAmbitions Hockey Camp - May 24- May 26, 2019 at the Genoveva Chavez Community Center (GCCC) in Santa Fe $499.00
Our kids can't play hockey without our volunteers!!
To help ensure the safety of all of our players, training and background screening is required by USA Hockey's SafeSport Program for all adults (18 and older) who volunteer with our associations and LOE affiliates.
Per the USA Hockey SafeSport Program Handbook any volunteer with routine contact or responsibility for our youth athletes are REQUIRED to be screened, including:
1. Members of the Affiliate Board of Directors
2. Local program administrators [association board members and volunteers]
4. Team Managers
6. Locker room monitors
7. Team drivers
8. Travel chaperones
9. Anyone with routine access to youth participants.
This is mandatory, but the process is quite simple:
Become a USA Hockey volunteer member for free:
Take the Safe Sport training: http://www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining
And complete the screening.
If you have any questions about SafeSport or the screenings, Please contact the LOEAHA Safe Sport Coordinator Terrence Firman email@example.com
1. Display good sportsmanship. Always respect players, coaches, and officials.
2. Act appropriately; do not taunt or disturb other fans; enjoy the game together.
3. Cheer good plays of all participants; avoid booing opponents.
4. Cheer in a positive manner and encourage fair play; profanity and objectionable cheers or gestures are offensive.
5. Help provide a safe and fun environment; throwing any items on the ice surface can cause injury to players and officials.
6. Do not lean over or pound on the glass; the glass surrounding the ice surface is part of the playing area.
7. Support the referees and coaches by trusting their judgment and integrity.
8. Be responsible for your own safety - be alert to prevent accidents from flying pucks and other avoidable situations.
9. Respect locker rooms as private areas for players, coaches and officials.
10. Be supportive after the game - win or lose. Recognize good effort, teamwork and sportsmanship.
Thanks to our NMAHA coaches, players and volunteers for making our Try Hockey for Free a huge success. We got 94 kids on the ice shooting goals and having fun!!
Just click on the flyer to register...
NMAHA's Bingo program keeps our ice fees as low as possible. Join us for some good fun that helps keep our costs low and more kids on the ice!