/* Typekit added to fix issue with nbsp character in the Steagal font */skip navigation
We are thrilled to share the McDermott Athletic Center ice arena will resume operations Monday, 24 June. Come back and continue to enjoy our summer hockey programs.
Twitter: NMAHA Scorpions
Saturdays, 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. extended through July!
Beginner, Intermediate and Skilled players age 10 and under are all welcome to join certified coaches on the ice for skills development and friendly scrimmages.
Please register by following the link below to participate. USA Hockey membership is required and can be completed though the link below -- and is also free for players 6 and under!
8 week sessions
½ hour hockey skills lesson & ½ hour learn to play hockey lesson
Contact The MAC to register: (505) 892-9222
Our kids can't play hockey without our volunteers!!
To help ensure the safety of all of our players, training and background screening is required by USA Hockey's SafeSport Program for all adults (18 and older) who volunteer with our associations and LOE affiliates.
Per the USA Hockey SafeSport Program Handbook any volunteer with routine contact or responsibility for our youth athletes are REQUIRED to be screened, including:
1. Members of the Affiliate Board of Directors
2. Local program administrators [association board members and volunteers]
4. Team Managers
6. Locker room monitors
7. Team drivers
8. Travel chaperones
9. Anyone with routine access to youth participants.
This is mandatory, but the process is quite simple:
Become a USA Hockey volunteer member for free:
Take the Safe Sport training: http://www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining
And complete the screening.
If you have any questions about SafeSport or the screenings, Please contact the LOEAHA Safe Sport Coordinator Terrence Firman email@example.com
1. Display good sportsmanship. Always respect players, coaches, and officials.
2. Act appropriately; do not taunt or disturb other fans; enjoy the game together.
3. Cheer good plays of all participants; avoid booing opponents.
4. Cheer in a positive manner and encourage fair play; profanity and objectionable cheers or gestures are offensive.
5. Help provide a safe and fun environment; throwing any items on the ice surface can cause injury to players and officials.
6. Do not lean over or pound on the glass; the glass surrounding the ice surface is part of the playing area.
7. Support the referees and coaches by trusting their judgment and integrity.
8. Be responsible for your own safety - be alert to prevent accidents from flying pucks and other avoidable situations.
9. Respect locker rooms as private areas for players, coaches and officials.
10. Be supportive after the game - win or lose. Recognize good effort, teamwork and sportsmanship.
Thanks to our NMAHA coaches, players and volunteers for making our Try Hockey for Free a huge success. We got 94 kids on the ice shooting goals and having fun!!
NMAHA is excited to announce we are partnering with neighbor Texas teams to play a series of tournaments with teams in El Paso, Odessa and Amarillo during the upcoming 2019-2020 season. Our Minis, Mites, Squirts and Peewees will have the opportuntity to participate in some exciting tournaments for a small additional fee to regular season recreational hockey fees. More information to come soon, but we wanted to let everyone know about this new opportunity!